My Daily Facial Routine
This year I made a resolution to master my skin care regime. I decided it was time to take a few extra steps to properly care for my skin and incorporate some anti-aging tactics (after all, as of this March I am officially pushing 30!) And with everyone around me going the extra mile to maintain their youthful look, I realized it was time for me to introduce a daily routine into my life. This has been life changing.
An update on where I am at and what I recommend!
- A morning and nightly cleanse– No more makeup residue! – I am using Pura Organics Rejuvenating Cleanser. My skin actually feels more hydrated when I am done!
- Exfoliating 2-3 times a week – Bye, bye dead skin. – Currently, using Pura Organics Nourishing Face and Body Scrub. This has definitely given me the most noticeable difference! The exfoliation “minerals” are fine and leave my face feeling baby soft and buttery smooth! This would be my #1 recommendation if you’re looking to add a new product to your regime.
- Applying Sunscreen daily – So long sun damage! – The importance of sunscreen has been ingrained in our minds for decades, but this year I am actually going to listen. I use SPF 15 sunscreen from Neutrogena and make sure my foundation has light spf as well.
- Drinking 8 cups of water a day – Hydration is the name of the game! This is another mandatory. You look better and you feel better. I promise if you push through 30 days of this you will notice a difference not only in your skin, but also your hunger levels and regularity!!
- Nightly Moisturizing – Time to lock in that hydration! – I am using Pura Organics firming night moisturizer. This locks in hydration and helps to prevent and repair any signs of aging in my skin. “Moisture is the essence of wetness. And wetness is the essence of beauty.” – Zoolander lol
A look at my skin:
For the majority of theses steps I am using Pura Organics (100% natural!). It is my official go-to for daily cleansing, exfoliating and moisturizing. I am telling you this stuff will change your life. But my biggest tip of all is to drink your water and apply your sunscreen! Prevent, prevent, prevent!
If this all sounds overwhelming and unattainable — I get it. I was there. Before introducing this skin regime I was lucky to use a makeup removing towlette before going to bed….
Here’s my recommendation…. set a 30 day challenge for yourself. Write down what you want to add to your daily facial routine and for those 30 days —in the words of Nike, JUST DO IT! Once, you hit the 30 days. I am confident you’ll never go back. You notice a visual difference and you feel it too!
Let me know if you have any questions!